The City That Never Sleeps
$ Jasmine Santiago




posted : Tuesday, September 22, 2009
title : my favourite smile
The way I see your smile
Is different than before
It's no longer bright or loving
It's not compelling anymore

The way I see your smile
And how it's hardly there
Although I see it occasionally
It's hiding a secret it's not willing to share

The way I see your smile now
When I look, I do not see
Sometimes it makes me wonder
Would it be like that if you still had me

The way I see your smile now
It looks insecure and fake
A forced smile upon your face
Is the most pitiful you could make

The way I see your smile now
Sometimes makes me think
That you weren't ready to let me go
That you didn't want our friendship to sink

---

Maybe we'll be friends again someday, and talk like we used to..
Maybe you'll realize what you mean to me and we'll be 'best friends' again
But right now, by letting you go, I'm loving myself
no more tears, no more wasted time, no more you

" there's something in your smile that makes me think you weren't ready to let go either "