The City That Never Sleeps
$ Jasmine Santiago




posted : Monday, August 18, 2008
title : replay like a broken record
I thought you were true
I had already let you in
I gave my heart to you
I took a chance, and look what happened

Gave myself these feelings
I thought you had them too
I was already going to give up
You made me believe, I’m such a fool

People always told me things
Giving me second thoughts
I was ready to prove them all wrong
It was for you, I fought

You were the first person who I let in
And I thought you could change
I gave you my trust
But I guess you can come between a player and his ways

You led me on real good
And I can’t believe I fell for it
I knew things, but I pushed them aside
I lied to myself, I didn’t want to admit

I thought you were genuine
What? Am I not good enough for you?
I wasn’t ready to get hurt again
Don’t you remember what I’ve been through?

I know things change
But the damage has been done
A broken heart again
It was just a re-run